Thursday, May 23, 2013

Transformation: In places you didn't even think about

On an ordinary Wednesday, one of my favorite yoga brands, Manduka, posted about this lovely duo. 

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. Ben and Tori's four minute video was so inspiring to me, I felt I had to share it with you. The video is below. 


After a very long day, when I thought I had nothing left to give, I decided to try out their class, available as a link on their website at http://soundcloud.com/bjsr/gwtf-lululemon-kenwood. I don't think I've ever been so aware of my breathing. While playing live acoustic guitar, Ben creates a feedback loop of his breath, long inhales and exhales, which plays alongside Tori's instruction. This breath radiates the space, bringing an awareness to the breath that I've never experienced before. Hearing this steady breath echoed in the room, I was able to match my own, taking longer inhales and exhales, and at the same time getting lost in the beat of the music. This was so exciting for me and my practice and I can't wait to see what else these two do!

Breath is the most challenging part of yoga. It's the easiest thing to let go of when you're moving through a pose, but it's the most valuable part of the practice as well. If you're not breathing, you're not doing yoga.

Find some time to get on your mat, taking time to show up there, it can bring us so many moments to transform our days and ourselves into something we haven't even thought of yet.

Give their website some love. http://gowtheflow.org






No comments:

Post a Comment