Friday, August 16, 2013

Teacher Training Weeks 6-8: Where Do We Go From Here?

Right after I got my certificate!
As I reflect back on the last eight weeks, I feel a deep sense of gratitude. Every week these amazing human beings brought their best selves, shed their comfort zones,  and set out to create new boundaries for themselves and for the other people sitting open and vulnerable in the same position.

I originally set out to expand my community, to build some new friendships, and to find a way back to who I am. I am blown away by the fact that a mere eight weeks later, my life has been profoundly altered in both small and monumental ways. I have gained such an amazing group of friends. It's amazing how fast and strong you can build a bond with another person when you set out to change our life in the same way. I have gained a huge community of teachers and students since I started this program. Now when I walk into a CorePower Studio there is at least one person who waves, smiles, and says hello! This has helped transform my neighborhood and my confidence when I walk into a studio to practice. I truly feel supported by this expansive community and now I just want to be a part of it in a larger and more comprehensive way.

It's weird, the plan I had for my present life had stopped at this point. I had thought intensely about doing teacher training and now, at it's end, and at the beginning of the next phase of teaching, I feel this sense of uncertainty and possibility simultaneously rolled into one. At least from this moment on my mat, I feel stronger, I feel more connected, I feel joy, I feel a sense of truth, I feel a sense of deep accomplishment, and a sense of profound courage.

Here's to forging new territory and discovering what lies ahead.
My incredible teachers at CPY: Kelly, Amanda and Kristie Rose.
BURSTING WITH LOVE FOR THESE THREE. 
Registered Yoga Teacher! Here's to the continued journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment